Posted by Roy Godwin on 4th October 2017 | Comments: 0
It’s been too long since the last Blog but my goodness, Aslan is on the move!
Hundreds of people are pouring into Ffald y Brenin from across Wales and around the world and many have been encouraged, had powerful encounters with the Lord or been healed. We are struggling to manage the numbers attending our monthly Prayer Day, held in Jabes along the valley, yet the Lord has been gloriously present.
There seems to be a major change underway in Wales; hundreds of Christians took to the streets during the summer and hundreds of people have been responding to the gospel invitation. Perhaps rather more than 1,000 are in follow-up who were neither enquirers nor worshippers just three months ago. Awesome! More please, Lord, many more.
The Godwin’s have been on the move as well. Following on from the June Conference we were in the south of England for a great weekend with the Lighthouse church in Poole, then away for a welcome break, only to fly out a few days later to Scotland for the Refuel event where very many people made a clear response to the Lord. Since then we have crisscrossed Wales to speak at some of the new local prayer meetings that seem to be popping up all over the Principality and spoken at Tear Fund HQ in London. Now we are preparing for our second visit to Norway where a national movement of Local Houses of Prayer appears to be developing.
We hope you were able to enjoy the summer weather wherever you were and are prepared for the coming season – our God reigns!
Posted by Roy Godwin on 27th June 2017 | Comments: 0
‘That is the best June Conference we have ever had’ exclaimed some of the attendees at our 2017 June Conference, ‘Keeping in Step with the Spirit’. It was a great time indeed with many signifying that they had met with the Lord through his word or his touch, sometimes quietly, sometimes very powerfully.
It was certainly the most international June Conference so far, with friends from Norway, Germany, USA, Ireland, Eire, Scotland, England, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and New Zealand in attendance. All our available team were present and all but one Trustee together with many Friends and others who connect through The Caleb Connection (TCC).
Worship was special and we are grateful to Adrian who stepped into the breach until Owain arrived.
All this was in the context of complicated and unstable times for the UK. The Government looked unstable and Brexit talks were commencing. The great news is that God’s kingdom is stable, certain and secure forever and holds eternal promise. Truth is found in Jesus Christ. Who else has the words of eternal life?
Our next Ffald y Brenin-based Conference is this year’s Kingdom Power and Glory (KPG) to be held 10-12 November. More info is available on our Events page.
Posted by Roy Godwin on 17th June 2017 | Comments: 0
1. In spite of the pain in London and Manchester and the uncertainty of the political situation we are able to rest in confidence that our God is still God. His promises are sure and his love is everlasting. We cry out for the hurting and pray for them
2. A recent trial of street witness in Swansea has led to many people praying for salvation and being followed up. Please pray that the roll-out of The Turning and Mission Wales will lead to many changed lives in the power of the Spirit. To link in with information and prayer support please go to pray4wales.net and subscribe (for free).
3. We were privileged to lead a day event on Anglesey a fortnight ago and commission the beginning of a cross-Anglesey prayer walk over the following week. We particularly cried out for men to be converted.
The planned route and timetable had to be adjusted – men were coming to faith on the streets. This is a very special time for Wales. Please give thanks – and pray for her.
4. Last week we hosted the second annual closed Conference of Christian workers who represented much of the World. Many of them had been trained in establishing Local Houses of Prayer while many others had felt drawn to come and learn more. At the close they made wonderful plans of action for when they return home. Please pray that they will be enabled to see the Lord’s grace upon them, often in difficult situations.
5. We are about to commence our annual June Conference and have never had so many international delegates. The sun is shining, the mercury is bubbling and the spiritual temperature is rising even faster!
Posted by Roy Godwin on 22nd May 2017 | Comments: 0
Over the last few weeks Roy and Daphne have been travelling. First to Cyprus for the annual TransMed Conference when our related Mediterranean leaders gathered, a special time this year; back to Heathrow for a night and on to Norway. What a beautiful country! There Roy spoke at a Bible School in Bergen for several days before going on to Voss to be the main speaker at a Prayer-and-mission Conference. It coincided with the launch of The Grace Outpouring in Norwegian. Strong ties of friendship in the Lord emerged and we look forward to seeing what God might develop in the following months. Home for some of the Easter celebrations then Daphne took a team to Llanw Conference. ‘Llanw’ speaks of the incoming tide of blessing in Wales. Now we look forward to the June Conference. We hope you will join us there.
Posted by Kathryn Frost on 20th March 2017 | Comments: 1
Last week we gathered for our March Conference - this year taking a fresh look at New Monasticism. It was an all too brief but powerful time where Roy shared on the legacy we have been left by our Celtic Christian forefathers and how we can learn from their Kingdom focused heartbeat which shaped the communities and reached the lost of their day.
It was a wonderful opportunity to engage and connect with one another, sharing tasty meals, good fellowship and hearing a refreshing and important message for the Church today - across Wales and beyond to the nations.